This highly effective bodygrip trap is designed and manufactured in America. It is suitable for smaller vermin species, including grey squirrels and weasels. It is smaller than the Magnum 116, which although being designed for mink and larger vermin species, also works well on grey squirrels. By law, you are required to place this trap in a tunnel so as to reduce the possibility of catching non-target species. All traps should be checked at least once in every 24 hour period. It is possible to bait these traps, and a suitable kind of bait should be used to entice squirrels in, such as peanut butter, peanuts or bread crumbs. We have published a product guide on magnum traps which provides some hints and tips to help you get the best out of your magnum 110. Always remember that these are extremely powerful traps, and that unless you handle them with care, you risk injury when you set or adjust them.
Dimensions: weight: 425g width: 14cm length of spring: 13cm
SETTING BODYGRIP TRAPS
Note: care must taken when setting spring traps.
Light-weight, compact, BMI BODYGRIP TRAPS are designed for use in a wide variety of predator control, pest control and wildlife management applications.
The BMI Bodygrip MAGNUM SERIES trap is widely considered the fastest, humane killing production bodygrip trap on the market today. They are ideal for trapping Squirrels, Mink, Stoats, Rabbits and Rats.
These traps are widely used by wildlife managers and trappers throughout the United States and the UK. Their experience proves these traps work equally well on the ground, suspended, submerged in water, under ice, or when covered with light snow. However, they should not be used where they might take non-target animals.
Refinements in the BMI Bodygrip MAGNUM SERIES have made these traps even more effective to use.
Every BMI BODYGRIP TRAP has a 4-way trigger that fires the trap when an animal pushes the trigger from any direction including the side and has a trigger wire which can be shaped to control the strike area.
- 1. This is what your BMI Bodygrip Magnum #116 will look like when it's taken from the box once you’ve untangled it's chain and trigger from the others in the box. Before using it you will of course de-grease and weather it to get rid of any smell of oil, grease or human. The setting procedure is the same for #55, #110 and #116 versions.
- 2. Extend the spring so it is pointed directly away from the trap and adjust the trigger wires to the profile you wish to use. This will be a profile appropriate to the intended target. Then using your right hand, with palm uppermost, grip the spring with the trap frame to your left and the trigger and dog on the uppermost frame.
- 3. With the trap held flat and horizontal, grip the trap frame with your left hand gripping the jaw closest to you with your thumb and the one furthest away with your fingers.
- 4. Then compress the spring with your right hand, and as you compress simultaneously pull the trap frames together with your right hand.
- 5. With the trap frames gripped in your left hand let go of the spring with your right and engage the safety clip over both spring arms at the trap end of the spring and slide it back towards the spring loop. If the trap does then inadvertently fire the closing impact will be substantially reduced. Position the trigger and dog at the desired position along the frame ( this will be in the centre if you are using a Magnum Cubby/Tunnel ).
- 6. Set the preferred notch of the dog into the centre of the trigger.
- 7. Be sure the trigger is secure within the notch of the dog. Then grip the compressed spring and release the frames slowly. The trap is now set. Disengage the safety only when the trap is in position.
Product code: 2801
Delivery cost is calculated according to weight and your delivery address in order to give you the best value for money.
We endeavour to deliver within 7 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays). Deliveries may take longer for for made to order items and during busy periods. Our carriers deliver Mon-Fri (excluding Bank holidays) from 07:00 to 21:00 hours. A signature may be required by the driver or postman, if you are not going to be at home you can leave instructions at the checkout stage for the package to be left in a secure place or with a designated neighbour.